mercredi 1 janvier 2014

Santa Baby! "Original Song 1953" Eartha Kitt

Here is a song I danced to on Christmas day. Dressed in red with my Xams cap and a glass on baileys in one hand... I normally don't do alcohol, only during celebrations. My husband says I can't be French until I start taking wine & champagne like the French people do. Note that a lot of French people do wine as often as everyday. I have promised to do vodka & caviar with him le réveillon.

Anyways, this is a song I like alot and gives me the feeling I don't have any worries. This christmas song was first sang in 1953 by an American singer, actress and dancer, Eartha Kitt. She was born on a South Carolina cotton plantation in 1927. "Santa Baby" became her most recognizable hit. 
The song is about a Christmas list of a vain woman who wants extravagant gifts such as sables, yachts, and decorations from Tiffany's.  

"Santa Baby" has been reprised & perfomed live by many artists throughout the years, including Shakira, Madonna, Macy Gray, Faith Evans, The Pussycat Dolls, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Vanessa L. Williams, amongst several others.
For me, the best remains the original, that is, that of Kitt. I just love her voice. Kitt became fluent in the French language during her years performing in Europe. She spoke four languages and sang in seven. "C'est si bon", "Je cherche un homme" et "C'est magnifique" are some of the songs she sang in French.

Kitt died from colon cancer on Christmas Day, December 25, 2008, at her home in Weston, Connecticut.

Listen to the song here below and tell me what you think...
Santa Baby

Santa Baby, slip a sable under the tree, For me.
been an awful good girl, Santa baby,
so hurry down the chimney tonight.

Santa baby, a 54 convertible too,
Light blue.
I'll wait up for you dear,
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight.

Think of all the fun I've missed,
Think of all the fellas that I haven't kissed,
Next year I could be just as good,
If you'll check off my Christmas list,

Santa baby, I wanna yacht,
And really that's not a lot,
Been an angel all year,
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight.

Santa honey, there's one thing I really do need,
The deed
To a platinum mine,
Santa honey, so hurry down the chimney tonight.

Santa cutie, and fill my stocking with a duplex,
And checks.
Sign your 'X' on the line,
Santa cutie, and hurry down the chimney tonight.

Come and trim my Christmas tree,
With some decorations bought at Tiffany's,
I really do believe in you,
Let's see if you believe in me,

Santa baby, forgot to mention one little thing,
A ring.
I don't mean on the phone,
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight,
Hurry down the chimney tonight,
Hurry, tonight.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire